Matthew Perry Died From “Acute Effects of Ketamine,” Coroner Concludes

Matthew Perry’s cause of death was due to “the acute effects of ketamine,” according to a newly released report from the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner’s Office (via TMZ).

The 54-year-old Friends actor was found dead in a hot tub at his Los Angeles-area home on October 28th. Per the newly released toxicology report, the ketamine in Perry’s system caused both cardiovascular overstimulation and respiratory depression.

The coroner said that Perry underwent ketamine infusion therapy for depression and anxiety a week-and-a-half before his death. However, the ketamine in his system at the time of his death “could not be from that infusion therapy, since ketamine’s half-life is three to four hours, or less.”

Downing, coronary artery disease, and buprenorphine effects were listed as contributing factors in Perry’s death. Buprenorphine is a drug used to address opioid addiction.

The medical examiner found no evidence of other drugs being in Perry’s system.

Author: Michael

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *